This week I have learned:
- despite my Irish loyalties, I became involved this time.
- get out there. Feel uncomfortable. Test yourself.
- a different talk every time isn’t the way to build a business as a speaker. But where’s the fun in saying the same stuff over and over again?
- My little boy’s leaving infant school. I’m amazed how quickly this is passing.
- There’s a huge gap in people and management capability in most tech teams.
- The WB40 WhatsApp group is becoming one of the most useful resources in my professional life. I wasn’t expecting that when I started doing a podcast.
- Two weeks left. Then big adventure.
- CIO Priorities: a new game tested. Org design testing seems to be a good fit. New idea to add to next run is providing wildcards. Continuing conversations with David from Global about using them with his team. Good conversations with Adrian W about combining some of the cards content into his transformation model.
- Tech for non-Techies: Rest of today is writing up where we are currently at with the content design.
- WB40 Live: No progress this week, bar some venue suggestions via Paul A.
- Continue to build the consulting business: new relationships built with a big consulting firm and a small CRM marketing firm.
The week in pictures: