This week I have learned:
- the stuff that goes viral is the trival – chat about iPads and croissants that look like a poo;
- being asked to fill out a two-page form when trying to get migraine medication on the cusp of a migraine is the epitome of user experience fail;
- tech events organisers – really, really, really the story is no longer about women in IT; it’s about the value of all sorts of diversity and listening to women as well as men just talk about technology and stuff;
- tech events sponsors – for fuck’s sake, if you don’t have anything to say, just say thanks for coming; if you have no charisma, half-arsed thought leadership makes you look totally stupid;
- Silicon Beach is wonderful. Matt Desmier is wonderful. The Conway Hall event was wonderful. You probably missed out.
- I do like silly things:
- I do need to think about my “positioning”. Pivot time.
Next week: DrawPod
The week in pictures: