This week I have learned:
- I don’t think it’s possible for me to have a detached, unemotional conversation about performance management processes. The two years at the end of the forced curved period at Microsoft have scarred me.
- That hopefully Southgate’s progressive agenda that started with that remarkable letter at the beginning of the Euros will prevent the political right hijacking the success of the England team.
- That going to an actual event, actually in person, was nice. Weird, but nice.
- It’s 2021 and I really shouldn’t have to be concerning myself about indexing of databases.
- That organisations that are going hard on “in the office” are already experiencing an retention and recruitment backlash.
- That I think most people now are exhausted.
Next week: WB-40 Episode 200
The week in photos: