This week I have learned:
- only when you really start to get under the covers of how your customers live their lives, you really can get to think about how to provide them with better services.
- And you also need to understand what those services actually are.
- Going through a really formal procurement process has been at times a very unnatural thing – but seems to be turning out a good result.
- I’ve realised I now know a few people who seem to be competitively gunning for the “Worst Personal 2020” in what is a fairly low bar to start with.
- It won’t be over by Christmas.
- There have been some points this week when I’ve realised starkly how lucky and privileged I am.
- Derby day tomorrow. Meh.
Next week in one word: budgets
The week in photos: