This week I have learned:
- It may be time for a change in direction. Whether the options will be there – well, time will tell.
- There is remarkable power in brand. Institutions with great brands possibly get away with a lot that they shouldn’t.
- There is a strong tendency for agile-obsessed folk to both build when they should buy, and also not understand that the software is rarely the service.
- It feels hard work spinning things up again after this summer’s break.
- Politics isn’t helping.
- When you sit down and try to work out how you would spend £100m in advertising in less than two months, it’s actually quite hard to understand how anyone could do it.
Next week: Tech Leaders Summit (£30 off the ticket price with the code TLS30
The week in photos: