This week I have learned:
- The deep reward in doing the random stuff that I do is once in a while being thanked for making a difference. That’s happened twice in two days.
- ERP is deeply misunderstood. Still.
- The Freerangers needs a new injection of attendees.
- Even though I write (here) habitually, letting The Book proposal out leaves me feeling incredibly vulnerable.
- Top thing from the London Business School’s Rob Goffee at the LEF Forum this week was that organisations need to stop thinking about employee motivation and engagement, and start thinking about the value they can add to people who are already valuable. I’m afraid this is why I struggle to see many organisations these days for whom I would consider becoming an employee.
Next week: the legal industry mission continues.