Things I have learned this week:
– making progress is so much easier when working with others
– for all the talk of new modes of working, some people are unable to see anything as a “job” being a “job”; not sure if they or I are more foolish
– the boundaries of technology, workspace design and organisational design are way more fuzzy that the IT/FM/HR split would lead us to believe
– there are times when my belief in what I’m doing gets seriously challenged by expediency
– I’m getting dead excited by the football at the moment and I’m taking both the kids to Vicarage Road tomorrow as a result. This might amount to child cruelty.
Next week: millennials in IT, preparation for a veritable bonfire of fireside chats, and the CIO100 judging concludes.