This week I have learned:
- there seems to be far more conversation in the world about starting things than ending things. Ending things is hard. Will write more about it soon.
- by running a session with a law firm, I was able to give the PlayCards another go. I have missed running workshops in person. It’s bloody hard work, but very rewarding. I also need to get something to happen with the cards…
- there is so much to come in the new role. I had lunch with one of my new colleagues, found out about some of the clients I’ll be working with when I start at equalexperts.com next month, and generally got quite excited about the whole thing.
- that I’ll miss my team. A thing happened earlier in the week that was very profound. An example of one person trusting in the group enough to reveal something very personal, but in a way that allowed everyone to be involved and not just show sympathy. It was incredible. It was psychological safety in action. And a beautiful, if slightly sad tribute to what we have achieved together in the past 30 months.
- that my weeknotes have become a bit more verbose this week, and I intend to keep it that way for the next stage in my adventures.
Next week: leaving drinks (a week early) and some offsite work with my new colleagues in advance of joining.
The week in photos: