Things I have learned this week:
- There is no such thing as “just an upgrade”.
- Medium-sized business finance systems is an area ripe for innovative disruption because all of the incumbents are crap.
- Working with other peer organisations is a great way to get people out of the weeds of pet issues.
- Ethical decision making should be much more common.
- Sometimes you just wonder why…
- Why does getting contracts signed seem to take so long? It’s all admin, not actual consideration.
- I’m a bit surprised by my football score prediction ability so far.
- It won’t last.
- I’m rarely more pleased than when a new set of wheels arrive, even if they are only 8” in diameter.
- I seem to have remembered quite a bit about how to kayak from my youth.
Next week: a trip to the Lakes (eventually)
The week in photos: